Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids & Parents
HEALTHY HALLOWEEN TREATS FOR KIDS & PARENTS
Crisp leaves are covering the ground, the kids are back in school, and pumpkin everything is here, there, everywhere!
It’s also time for Halloween, meaning it’s time for Halloween candy.
You might think it’s the kids who can’t resist Halloween goodies, but let’s be honest, it’s usually the parents that need to be reeled in with all that extra candy laying around the house.
That’s why it’s time for us to share our favorite healthy Halloween treats that parents and kids can enjoy together.
Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3-4 c of raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c of organic coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon
- Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, tossing midway through.
- Allow seeds to cool.
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ c chopped almonds divided
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries divided
- 2 tbsp dried blueberries divided
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
- Mix in half the chopped almonds, 1 tbsp dried blueberries, and one tbsp dried cranberries.
- Spread an even, thin layer of chocolate mixture onto parchment paper.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped almonds, blueberries, and cranberries on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or until chocolate is hard).
Break into pieces.
Healthy Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 2 heaping tbsp dark chocolate baking cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ¼ c mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Extra cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form balls with 2-3 tbsp of dough.
- Chill for at least two hours.
Protein PB Cups
- 4 tbsp crunchy almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ c OrganicLand Whey Protein
- 2 tbsp granulated stevia
- 4-5 tbsp vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ½ c of 90% dark chocolate
- 5 silicone cupcake cups
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, stevia, whey protein, and unsweetened almond milk.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring after each.
- Pour chocolate into a silicone cup, about 1-2 teaspoons per cup.
- Brush chocolate up the sides of the cup to create the outer shell.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Spoon ½-1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture into each cup.
- Evenly divide the remainder of the dark chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until the chocolate is set.